CoMotion: Center for Movement performance venue and studio spaces are intended primarily for movement-based work or performances such as fitness, boxing, martial arts, dance or movement rehearsals, classes, and workshops and theater performances. Secondly, for groups engaged in community centered work to use the space for fundraisers, community events, galas, art showings, etc.... Thirdly, for wedding parties, business conferences and such.
The Studio 4 will be rented in blocks of time as follows: one-hour blocks at a minimum, days, and weeks.
Renters will sign a contract before using the space.
Each renter assumes responsibility for returning the venue to a good state before they leave. All lights and electrical equipment must be turned off. Trash and litter must be removed to the external garbage can located at the far end of the parking lot. Please stack all chairs and tables used. Renters must sweep and mop floors. Please leave the studio in clean condition for the next renter.
Other policies listed in the rental agreement.
Space Rental Agreement
This contract for the rental of (space) is made this day, (the day you book through SpaceFinder), by and between Element Boxing and Fitness, SBC, hereafter referred to as the Owner (Director), and Your group, hereafter referred to as the Renter. Whereas, the Renter desires to temporarily rent, occupy, and make use of the Owner’s venue, located at 655 Fairview Ave N. and known as CoMotion Studio 4 and whereas, the Owner agrees to such rental, occupation, and use in consideration of certain payments and covenants herein enumerated; Now, therefore, the parties agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Renter shall pay to the Owner the sum of in full as directed by the SpaceFinderMN rental process. Once Owner approves rental request the Owner will request an additional $25 as a refundable deposit that will be held as long as the renter is using space. The $25 is for damages/security deposit which will be returned to the Renter upon settlement, minus any charges for actual damages done to the venue by Renter or his/her associates.
Terms: The rental dates are (as requested by the Renter within SpaceFinderMN).
2. The Renter shall have access to and use of the space for the purpose of (as listed in SpaceFinderMN). For the hours: (as requested in SpaceFinderMN), at the (rate listed for this space in SpaceFinderMN)
3. The full rental fee and deposit for the use of the studio described in (2) above shall be (as determined by the SpaceFinderMN rental process).
4. Within 7 Days of the rental period’s expiration, Renter shall tender to Owner the any additional rental fee balance due, and all keys, codes and other access control devices in his/her possession.
5. Renter is responsible for the space upon vacating the space. Renter shall remove all personal property, trash, and other items that were not present in the venue when Renter took control of it. Renter will use the appropriate footwear while using the dance floor - bare feet, socks, no street shoes, only soft dancing shoes.. Renter will not move any existing equipment from the room or move any of the room furnishing, such as pianos.
6. Upon Renter’s completion of his/her obligations under (4) and (5) above, the Owner shall return to Renter the security deposit minus any amounts deemed necessary to repair damages inflicted upon the venue by Renter and/or Renter’s associates, guests, invitees, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the venue during the rental period, whether or not such persons did so with Renter’s knowledge or consent.
7. In the event that Renter fails to pay the balance due within the time period agreed upon in this contract, interest shall accrue upon the unpaid balance at the rate of 10% per year until it is paid. Renter shall also be liable to the owner for any legal fees, court costs, and other expenses associated with collection.
8. Renter will be liable for any physical damages, legal actions, and/or loss of reputation or business opportunities that Owner may incur as a consequence of the actions of Renter or any of Renter’s guests while Renter is in control of the venue, and shall indemnify and hold harmless the Owner against any and all legal actions which may arise from Renter’s use of the venue.
9. In good faith, either party may cancel this agreement via 30 days written notice.
10. Any disputes arising under this contract shall be adjudicated in the Owner’s local jurisdiction (Minnesota). In witness of their understanding of/and agreement to the terms and conditions herein contained, the parties affix their signatures below.
By finalizing the process within SpaceFinderMN for CoMotion: Center for Movement spaces you are agreeing and digitally signing in agreement to this rental agreement.
Owner’s Signature, _______________________Date _____________
Printed Name: Dalton Outlaw
Renter’s Signature, _____________________Date _____________